Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 11:00 pm
[Work] 9:30 am until 6:30 pm
Here are just a few of the important things I had to remember:
- change Mikhail's ortho appointment to my day off next week
- work your ass off - they're gonna make sure you're in a position that would be an excellent fit for you
- get Nick doing SOMETHING, consider his movie if he does well
- EAT SOME FOOD! Yes, I know it upsets your stomach. Yes, I'm aware you are not hungry. Eat anyway.
[Work Hours] - 9:30 am - 6:37 pm [Break] - 11:40 am [Lunch] - 2:25 pm - 3:25 pm I'm very adherent when it comes to my schedule. It was slightly off, like today's lunch started at 2:15 pm, which I'll be off just a few points for, but more than likely due to continuously taking calls without realizing what I was doing.
Do NOT let your body and mind's current state affect what you're doing at work!
8:05 hours total.
Even though I had a pretty rough day, Mike almost immediately posted a picture of him wearing his ring, and hasn't taken it off since getting it after I had just said to him that this was an incredible terrible day. It made me cry but not much else doesn't do that, so yea.
Talk LESS! Make less comments. Stop explaining things so in depth. Explain briefly and be done. Most of the time, they will NOT ask more questions.
I did not ... that was a lie. I forgot Mike wanted Starbucks or Gloria Jeans. I picked Starbucks and I ended up purchasing us two drinks at just under $10. Honestly, at this point, I may as well go for the points, and stars and everything else the stupid card has to offer and become a Gold Member. We actually really need to stop going. He goes on Saturdays almost every week. I typically only go once or twice with him with the exception of an occasional treat here and there.
$9.23 - Starbucks
3:27 hours total.
A roller coaster per the usual. I had a lot of really good calls and quite a few not-so-good calls. I had a situation arise that will end up in a complaint. With Mike and his ring, I was very emotional about that.
Spent time with Mike when we awoken. I also very much tried to stay up to finish this entry but I'm fading fast guys, and I think the need for sleep is pretty important at this point.
Go to bed at a reasonable hour... just about finished here.
It is so incredibly close to being official.
- we signed our marriage license on July 24th – one year anniversary of Grandpa’s passing
- we immediately went to drop off Grandpa’s ring, which was provided to us by Grandma asking us to promise to continue to love each other and have the marriage they had almost to the date we had received the ring one later (give or take a day or two, that whole week was blur to me last year)
- Mike picked up our marriage license exactly seven days later – which was processed on my birthday
- we have it signed – per indicated on the certification (before the ceremony)
- and everyone else, our minister (and best friend) and our other best friend and his lovely girlfriend will be signing the witness parts of the documentation
- I have off the following day when I offered fully to take Myles to the courthouse to file the paperwork – Mike said he’d take care of it
- he is going officially on Friday, August 10th to file the documentation to make it official – although, our official wedding date is 08/08/2018. That is when all will be signed and documented and official. Just have to wait for a few days of processing to receive the marriage certification and THEN I can begin updating (officially) all of my documentation with my new last name. I have already begun. It has been a PROCESS! Goodness, gracious. I didn’t think creating an email could take over four hours to do.
So that’s it. That’s what we’re currently looking at. Mike received his Grandpa’s ring today. It’s a little snug but as he indicated, better to be a little snug so if he loses weight he can wear it more comfortably instead of not at all. Also, it’s not too snug to be a problem for some.
That’s it. I’m actually kinda tired today. Which is weird because my levels are doing something crazy because I’m sleepy. Then again, two-three hours of sleep for two weeks straight eventually takes that toll on you. I’m going to fill in the boxes, and head to bed.
Everything is almost ‘perfect’ … nope … complete. It’s all sized properly on my laptop. I have to test a few things and adjust a few things here and there including making sure it looks great on a mobile app or device, so we’ll see.